Accuracy of Charging
SOT is committed to fair and ethical practices and the avoidance of over or under charging of course and related fees.
SOT offers a refund of the course fees due to the following reasons:
- Refund for Withdrawal due to Non-Delivery of Course
- Non-commencement of the course by the school without any reason, on commencement date;
- Non-completion of the course by the school without any reason, by completion date;
- Termination of the course by the school without any reason, prior to completion date;
- The school or the student is unable to carry on with the course for reasons beyond the control of either (due to Force Majeure);
- The Student’s Pass application is rejected by Immigration and Checkpoint Authority (ICA).
- Refund for Withdrawal due to Other Reasons
In the event that the student withdraws for reasons other than the above, you are required to submit the “Student Withdrawal Form” (which serves as the official written notice to SOT).
In such a case, refund, subject to there being no double claim, is offered within 30 days upon the receipt of the “Student Withdrawal Form”. Refunding amount is based on the refund table below.
- No Refund for Withdrawal due to Disciplinary Matters
If the student is dismissed (due to disciplinary matters listed below), no refund will be given. Should the dismissed student be on the Instalment Payment scheme, he/she is still required to render all payment(s) due to SOT up to the date of dismissal.
(i) Absence without official reasons despite warnings given;
(ii) Unchanged behaviour after disciplinary action has been taken;
(iii) Misbehaviour of frequency and seriousness that pose a threat to the health, safety and security of others;
(iv) An offender of the Singapore Law.
The school reserves the right to require the withdrawal of a student at any time if in the judgment of the Principal, such action is deemed necessary to safeguard SOT’s ideals of sponsorship or the spiritual and moral atmosphere of it as a Christian school.
- Refund Table
The amount of refund (with the exception of the registration fee and course material fees) is as follows:
Percentage (%) of the Course and Applicable Related Fees If Student’s Written Notice of Withdrawal is Received: 100% More than 7 days before the Course Commencement 90% Before, but not more than 7 days before the Course Commencement Date 50% After, but not more than 7 days after the Course Commencement Date 0% More than 7 days after the Course Commencement Date