Immigration Matters

Important for all International Students of SOT

All international students must hold a valid Student’s Pass issued by the Singapore Immigration & Checkpoints Authority (ICA) for their studies at SOT.

SOT will only begin the Student’s Pass application process after the student has passed the interview conducted by SOT, and has submitted all relevant registration documents including two Recommendation Forms.

Do note that all international applicants are NOT ALLOWED to work in Singapore during their course of study here. As international students, you are strictly not allowed to engage in any form of employment, whether paid or unpaid. You are not allowed to be in any business, profession or occupation in Singapore during the validity of your Student’s Pass, unless you have a written consent from the Controller of Immigration. Violators will be prosecuted by law.

New Application

New applications for a Student’s Pass must be submitted at least one month and not more than two months before the commencement of the course through ICA website.

Student’s Pass Fees

SGD$180 – SGD$300 (estimated)

Note to all female applicants: For short-term courses like our school, it is a usual practice for ICA to grant a maximum of only 6 months for Student’s Pass issued to a female student. Therefore, please be informed that you may need to renew your Student’s Pass, in order to complete your studies in SOT. This renewal includes a processing fee of SGD$30, and an issuance fee of SGD$60 – SGD$90.

Please click here for more information on application of Student’s Pass. Students who require clarification on Student’s Pass matters may also email

Valid Pass while in Singapore

Students are required to ensure that they remain in Singapore on a valid pass at all times. Please take note of the expiry dates of your Social Visit Pass and your Student’s Pass. Overstaying is a punishable offence under the Immigration Act.

Loss of Student’s Pass

If you lose your Student’s Pass in Singapore or overseas, make a police report with the local police. You will need to report in person to ICA for loss of Student’s Pass with all the required documents.

· Certification letter from SOT
· Police Report
· Passport with at least six months validity period and a recent passport photograph.
· There will be a penalty fee to be paid for the replacement of your Student’s Pass.


Further information can be obtained from ICA website.