Important for all International Students to SOT
All international students must hold a valid Student’s Pass (SP) issued by the Singapore Immigration & Checkpoints Authority (ICA) for their studies at SOT.
SOT will only begin the Student’s Pass application process after the student has passed the interview conducted by SOT, and has submitted all relevant registration documents including two Recommendation Forms.
Do note that all international applicants are NOT ALLOWED to work in Singapore during their course of study here. As international students, you are strictly not allowed to engage in any form of employment, whether paid or unpaid, or in any business, profession or occupation in Singapore during the validity of your Student’s Pass, unless you have the consent in writing of the Controller of Immigration. Violators will be prosecuted by law.
New applications for a Student’s Pass must be submitted at least one month and not more than two months before the commencement of the course through ICA’s website https://solarplus.ica.gov.sg/solarplus-ica/checkStudentLogin.do
- Registration for a Student’s Pass
Before you submit your application, SOT will register you through SOLAR with the following information:
- Your name, date of birth, gender and nationality (as appear in your travel document)
- Course details, course commencement and course end dates
- SOLAR application reference number
- Submission of eForm 16
Once SOT has successfully registered your information, you may login to SOLAR to submit eForm 16. You must have the following information before logging into SOLAR:
- A registration acknowledgement slip with the login information provided by SOT
- Passport details (including travel document/passport number, date of expiry, etc)
- NRIC/FIN of parents if your parents are Singaporean or foreigners who are working or residing in Singapore
- Your email address
- Information (passport name, date of birth, occupation) of your parents and siblings
- A softcopy of your recent passport-sized color photograph and must meet the following requirements:
- Image must be taken within the last three months
- Photograph should be in color, must be taken against a plain background
- Image must show the full face
- A credit card or debit card for online payment purposes
Collection of Student’s Pass after approval is given An e-appointment must be made before students can report to ICA building to collect their Student’s Pass. Documents to bring along:
- A copy of the In-Principle Approval Letter
- The student’s valid passport and a copy of the passport particulars page
- A signed copy of the Terms & Conditions of Issue for Long Terms Pass (LTP) card
- The Disembarkation/Embarkation card (IMM 27) of the student, granted on entry into Singapore. If the student is currently residing in Singapore on other long term passes, he/she is required to bring along that pass
- The print-out of eForm 16 submitted through SOLAR (duly signed by the applicant)
- A medical report if required by ICA. The medical report will be in a prescribed ICA format, X-ray and HIV report (must be written in English and endorsed by the reviewing doctor). The laboratory reports must not be more than three months from the date of issue. Students are encouraged to do their medical report in their home country and bring it to Singapore for submission.
- One recent passport-size photo (taken on white background)
- Banker’s Guarantee of varying amount, depending on amount required by ICA
Payment Before reporting at ICA for their e-appointment, students should have made payment for their Student’s Pass. Students are advised to make online payment via credit card at the SOLAR website. Alternatively, you can pay by NETs at ICA Building level 1. You are to bring along a copy of the printed receipt when you report at the ICA building. Fees
- A S$30 processing fee (non-refundable) for a Student’s Pass application
- A S$60-S$90 issuance fee for every Student’s Pass issued
- A S$30 multiple-entry VISA fee for VISA required nationals where applicable
- A S$25 medical checkup (for those who are called by immgration)
- A S$120 renewal of Student Pass
Please click http://www.ica.gov.sg/page.aspx?pageid=320 for more information on application of Student’s Pass. Students who require clarification on Student’s Pass matters may also email firstname.lastname@example.org Valid Pass while in Singapore Students are required to ensure that they remain in Singapore on a valid pass at all times. Please take note of the expiry dates of your Social Visit Pass and your Student’s Pass. Overstaying is a punishable offence under the Immigration Act Loss of Student’s Pass If you lose your Student’s Pass in Singapore or overseas, make a police report with the local police. You will need to report in person to Immigration & Checkpoints Authority (ICA) for loss of Student’s Pass with all the required documents.
- Certification letter from SOT
- Police Report
- Passport with at least six months validity period and a recent passport photograph.
There will be a penalty fee to be paid for the replacement of your Student’s Pass. FAQs Further information can be obtained from ICA website – Click here